A 110-acre tract of woodland with a picnicking and camping area along the river. A trail here follows the stream to its headwaters.
The park is near the Bogachiel, a community on the north bank of the Bogachiel River. A post office was established in May of 1892 and closed in February of 1898. The post office was reestablished in 1901 and discontinued in 1912.