Search

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

Bruceport

On the south side of Willapa Harbor. In 1851, it was named for an oyster schooner, Robert Bruce, which was burned in Willapa Harbor by a crew member. The crew, called the Bruce Party, settled on the shore, which at first was named Bruceville. The community is on the site of an old Indian village called Whar-hoots.