Built in 1914 by James K. Davenport as a dairy barn. James K. Davenport homesteaded the land with his school teacher wife, Elizabeth “Besssie” Latham Davenport. Originally a logger, Mr. Davenport turned to dairying when the old growth timber was gone. The barn originally had a milk house in front of the barn where the milk was filtered and stored until it was picked up by the dairy. The original dairy stalls are no longer extant, although parts of the stanchions where the milk cows stood are still inside. The lean-to was an early addition and pulled the entire barn eastward six inches.