Search

Cultural History Pages:

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

Eden Valley

When Martin H. Schmerkert established a store and sawmill near the head of Antoine Creek in the spring of 1905 he chose to call his place Havilah which was described in Genesis 2:11 as where “…there was gold.” The river that came out of Eden ran to Havilah. The Okanogan County area north of the community of Havilah was called the Eden Valley.

The portion of SR 505 between SR 504 and Bones Road was under construction in 1930, while the westernmost road segment is a length of original highway built prior to 1930. As part of a 1930s highway improvement project the road was rerouted road to more direct current route.

Return