Search

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

Gardiner

A community on the west shore of Port Discovery Bay south of its entrance. The name is for Herbert B. Gardner, who founded the community in 1911, and logged about 4,000 acres of timber on the Olympic Peninsula. When a post office was established in 1916, Mrs. Gardner had the ā€œIā€ inserted in the name, as the family name had originally been Gardiner.