Search

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

Lilliwaup

The town straggles along the highway and the shores of Lilliwaup Bay. Years ago, the town was a center of logging activity and an outfitting point for prospectors working in the upper Skokomish River country. Today, about a dozen structures make up the Town of Lilliwaup, a Native American word meaning “inlet.” The Lilliwaup School served students from 1904–1944. At present it is the town’s community club.

Images

Ca. 1940 view of road paving at Lilliwaup.

Source: Washington State Archives

Ca. 1940 view of Lilliwaup Falls.

Source: Washington State Archives