A former logging center on Moxie Creek. It was once a busy sawmill and shingle mill town. The remains of a large abandoned mill still stand. Company houses are mainly vacant, and the company-built store, theater, and offices are boarded up. The name is for Hector J. Malone, who established the first shingle mill in 1897. Malone was a town where the company owned the land and all buildings.