Search

Cultural History Pages:

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

Maryhill Loops Road

The 3.6 mile-long historic Loops Road was the first paved road in Pacific Northwest and was constructed of seven types of experimental road material. The road meanders through the Klickitat Hills just north of the Stonehenge Monument near the junction of US 97 and SR 14; it is open to bicyclists and pedestrians.   Built in 1913 by Samuel Hill, founder of both the nearby Maryhill Museum of Art and the Washington State Good Roads Association in 1899.

Return