A resort community. George T. and Hannah Easterbrook settled nearby in the late fall of 1853. Richard and Mary Carruthers settled on land south of Easterbrook’s in 1854. Both families filed for Donation Land Claims which are now part of various ocean side subdivisions. The name was given by developers of the first subdivision. Oceanside was an unscheduled Ilwaco railroad stop between 1908 and 1930.