George and Louisa Aggers built this Craftsman-style farmhouse in 1910. It and its 8.6-acre parcel are all that remain of the original farm complex. Aggers, originally from Philadelphia, lived in Denver for a time where he served one term on the city council. He came to Seattle in 1895 and retired to Overlook to develop a cherry orchard.
The farm stayed in the family for many years. The surrounding area features rocky hillsides merge with verdant growths and lush meadows along the banks of streams and creeks. The odor of sweet-smelling pine and cedar permeates the cool air. Snow-white syringa grows profusely. The road skirts lofty tree-covered cliffs, while the Columbia River gradually widens as it approaches Bonneville Dam.