Search

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

Scott’s Prairie

A stretch of open grassland with scattered clumps of trees, was named for John Tucker Scott, who settled here in 1854. Two of his children won prominence as journalists; Harvey W. Scott, veteran editor of The Oregonian, a Portland daily, and Mrs. Abigail Scott Duniway, editor, writer, and pioneer advocate of woman suffrage. Today, Scott’s Prairie has given way to expanded residential and industrial growth from Shelton.