Heritage Tours:

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

string(50) ""


On the edge of a small, wide-mouthed bay. This village is a make-up point for Bloedel-Donovan log rafts. A dump pier extends far into the water to facilitate making up the log booms.

Capt. Henry Kellett chose the present name, using the Native American name. Captain George Davidson of U.S. Coast Survey, confirmed Kellet’s naming, but spelled the name Sik-ke-u, which corresponds more closely to the Native American pronunciation.

Points of Interest Points of Interest icon

Seiku School

Located on a hillside overlooking the town of Sekiu and Clallam Bay, the Sekiu School is historically significant for its association with education and community life in the northern Olympic Peninsula town. The schoolhouse was built in 1916 to provide educational, opportunities for children in the logging and fishing town, and remained an educational center in the rural northern Olympic Peninsula for several decades. The building’s distinctive design strongly reflects the Craftsman Bungalow idiom of the period, and the building remains the most architecturally distinctive structure in town. Still in use as a community center and meeting hall, the schoolhouse is the best extant reflection of the civic life of Sekiu during the early 20th century,