A natural park, with towering trees and native shrubbery. Roads wind through the forest to secluded retreats for camping and picnicking.
The park offers camping, swimming, fishing, and clamming. First opened in 1923 as a community project it was acquired by the state beginning in 1936. There are 26 campsites with “hook ups” 60 regular campsites, an environmental learning center, a residence, kitchen shelters and some hiking trails. During World War II a unit of soldiers bivouacked in the park. A lodge in what is called Camp Ramblewood Youth Park was built through local efforts in 1955.