A resort area and an Ilwaco Railroad station at the northern boundary of the town of Long Beach in the late 1890s and early 1900s. The Tioga Hotel was the focus of the resort and gave the railroad station its name. J.M. Arthur, proprietor of the hotel later built the Breakers Hotel in 1901. Tioga is an Iroquois Indian word meaning “where it forks.” Tioga is now within the city limits of Long Beach.