Search

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

Tulalip

A community on the north shore of Tulalip Bay on the Tulalip Indian Reservation. The name is an Native American word with English spelling. Duh-hlay-lup means a wide bay with a small mouth, which is descriptive of the bay on which the town is located.

The Tulalip Tribes is a federally-recognized Native American tribe located on the 22,000-acre Tulalip Reservation. More than 50 percent of the land is in federal trust status; it is rich with natural resources. It was established to provide a permanent home for the Snohomish, Snoqualmie, Skagit, Suiattle, Samish and Stillaguamish tribes and allied bands living in the region.

Points of Interest Points of Interest icon

Tulalip Indian Agency Office

Tulalip Indian Agency Office, headquarters for the Tulalip Indian Reservation, was established in 1859.

Saint Anne’s Roman Catholic Church

The old mission bell now hangs in the belfry of St. Anne’s Church.

Priest Point

Priest Point, named for the Roman Catholic mission established in 1858 by Father E. C. Chirouse. A scattering of summer homes now occupies the site.