Search

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

Verlot

Now called the Verlot Public Service Center, the ranger station is still located near the South Fork Stillaguamish River. Constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) from 1933 to 1942, this station reflects both the architectural style and fine craftsmanship of that era and are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

East of Verlot Camp, the road follows the right-of-way of the old Everett and Monte Cristo Railroad, which in the 1890s transported the ores from the district to a smelter at Everett.