Search

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

White Center

Developed as a logging community in the 1870s, the area then transitioned to farming and residential development by the 1890s. By 1912 a street car (Highland Park and Lake Burien Streetcar Line) connected the area with Seattle contributing to the development of the commercial core and expanding residential growth. Population surges during both world wars of workers involved in the war time industries along the Duwamish grew the city.