A remnant of a former logging camp, is the site of the Lake Tyee Forest Camp.
It was named for Beaver Creek. In 1911 it boasted a post office, hotel, store, and a public school. The prairie upon which it is located was called the “Heart of the Solduck Valley.”
On the north side of US 101 sits the brick veneer, wood-frame Beaver School (1916). Several later buildings on the site round out this National Register-listed resource, currently under private ownership but still in use by the community.