Search

Cultural History Pages:

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

Colton

A village, begun in 1879, of well-kept lawns, shaded streets, and substantial buildings, neatly arranged on a large flat bordering the main street, identical with the highway. The name on the plat was in honor of Dr. J. A. Cole, who helped the town secure a post office and a school.