The William Cook barn and house were built in 1917. From 1917 until 1930, when tractors replaced the horses, the barn was used entirely as a horse barn and had four milking parlors for dairy cows. In the 1940s, when farmers updated their harvesters from sacks to bulk, an elevator was built inside the barn which had a capacity of about 7,000 bushels. The barn was originally built to store loose hay in the hay loft. The original hay mow and track is still in place. The barn is now owned by the sixth generation of Cook family.