Search

Cultural History Pages:

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

Deep Creek

A cluster of neat houses and buildings marks this spot, founded in 1878, a milling point during the 1880s. Deep fishing holes are formed by Deep Creek Falls, and there is a trout farm near by. The town was platted by Daniel, Alfred, Lucy, and Nancy Stroup on May 14, 1883. Its first name was Deep Creek Falls, which is descriptive of the location. It became Deepcreek in 1894 and continued to be called Deepcreek until the post office was closed in 1964.