The Deer Harbor Community Clubhouse dates to 1905. In that year, the building was completed as a school. As early as 1892 the first schoolhouse was built on this site but was moved just prior to 1905. The building had two rooms, one for girls and one for boys as attendance reached 75 pupils. The building was used as a school until 1925 when District 16 was consolidated with the West Sound and Orcas School District.
The hall now provides a central meeting place for residents living on the west side of Orcas Island.