Search

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

Emmanuel Church

Constructed in 1882 for a Presbyterian congregation, it has been used by various denominations from time to time, including weddings and funerals, and is in a sense a community church. Adjacent to the church is the Island’s cemetery where many of the soldiers who were members of the Occupation Forces during get so-called “Pig War” are buried. Many of those men also attended church services there.