Danish immigrant Nels Eriksen leased property in 1907, and married Bessie Rhoads, the same year. In 1910, they brought the property and built a combination machine shed, shop, hog shelter. In 1911, they built a house and, in 1915, they built a horse barn. Two-thirds of the barn’s main floor had horse stalls and the other one-third comprised of an alleyway that contained the stairwell into the haymow, a box stall for cattle, and a milking parlor. The floor plan is still the same, but little of the original equipment is present. The wooden floors for the horses were replaced with concrete and the milking stanchions were removed. When horses went out, the barn was used for cattle. Now the barn is mostly used for storage and shelter for an occasional horse.