Ham Farmstead is the legacy of Susannah Ham, a widow of two years, and her three sons, Albert, Hallie and Frank, who farmed it for more than 50 years, beginning in 1902. The one-and-a-half story, Queen Anne-style Ham House has a cross-gabled roof and is dominated by a wrap-around porch. The hay barns, horse barns and other farm buildings are no longer evident on the property. Two small outbuildings, which may predate the main house, stand above the main house. One is a cottage and one is a storage shed. Like many homes of the Colville Valley in the early 20th century, the house was built by the hands of its owners, and represents the social and economic rise of the farm families of the time.