Search

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

Higgins Barn

In 1888, a quarter section was homesteaded by Walter Higgins. The barn was raised in 1910. The 48 tree posts holding the roof were raised by the farmer, a neighbor and a mule with block and tackle. The upper doors open to a hay storage loft. An attached small building was for milk storage.