Marrowstone Island is seven miles long and a half mile average width between Kilisut Harbor and Admiralty Inlet directly east of Native American Island. Fort Flagler State Park occupies north end of the island. Capt. George Vancouver named the northern end of the island Marrowstone Point on May 8, 1792. Eventually the name came into use for the entire island. The Wilkes Expedition named it, together with nearby Native American Island, as Craven’s Peninsula, for Lieutenant Thomas T. Craven of his expedition but that name was not used by others.