Sunrise Drive continues towards the midsection of the island, its most cultivated area, to a junction with Valley Road. Rolling Bay, a few hundred yards off the highway, is one of the oldest summer colonies on Bainbridge Island.
This scattered neighborhood of beach homes and small farms sits on the northeast shore of Bainbridge Island. The first name was Falk’s Bay, for Dona Falk, who claimed land there in 1876. On April 6, 1892, a post office was established and named Rollins Bay, for a local beach squatter. Inhabitants complained that Rollins’ character and habits were objectionable and changed the name to its present form with no particular significance.