This barn was built for Cheryl’s father, Wilbur W. Sherman, in 1942 to house hogs. He used wood from the old barracks that were used for WWI at Fort Casey. Ralph Ward, a local carpenter, built the large structure. Throughout the years, the barn has been used for raising hogs, sheep, turkeys, storing the famous Whidbey Island Hubbard Squash, hay, and cattle. Presently, it is used for cattle and hay storage. As the dynamics of farming has changed in the historic Ebey Landing’s Reserve, so has the use of the barn.