Search

Cultural History Pages:

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

Spokane Carnegie Library East Side Branch

Spokane’s Public Library’s system of branches began in 1905, when one was opened in the basement of a school on the west side of Hangman Creek. In 1912, Andrew Carnegie promised $70,000 for the construction of two permanent branches. $17,500 was allocated for the construction of the East Side Branch, designed by architect Albert Held, which served the city until 1980.