The town so nearly resembles Colton that the two have been called sister towns. Platted in 1879, many of Uniontown’s first settlers were of German or Swiss descent. Notable buildings in this farming community include the National Register-listed St. Boniface Church (1905) on 206 St. Boniface St. and the Dahmen Barn. Built in 1934 as a dairy barn, the structure has been rehabilitated into artist studios and a gallery/shop. It is famous for its fence made of metal wheels welded together that surrounds the property. The fence and barn are on the west side of US 195.