The U.S. Border Station Building at Metaline Falls, built in 1931–1932, was designed by architect James A. Wetmore. This is the most easterly of the 13 immigration stations built along the Canadian border in Washington. It was built in 1925 in the “Northern Plan,” which includes an inspection station and two residences with steep roof gables and overhangs. The inspection station is built mostly of wood with some brick and concrete. Its canopy was altered in 1944. The identical residences had their porches enclosed in 1935.