Search

Cultural History Pages:

Search for a tour by category:

Search site:

Wayside

A community on Half Moon Prairie it was named in 1887 by Joseph S. Fea, a homesteader, who also operated a general store and served as the first postmaster. The reason for the name choice probably was that the place was a stop-off point on a stage line from Spokane to Colville.